12/31/11

here's to 2011

 2011 was a good year. I am blessed because there have been hard years, years that have felt unfair and 2011 was none of those things.

In 2011...

I started blogging here

I opened my Etsy shop

I went to Blog Sugar and met wonderful people.


I visited my best friend and we planted succulents

I started taking photos of what I wore (and tried to ignore the stares from passing neighbors)



I documented why I love my doggy (and why he drives me crazy)


I came to terms with my freckles


I wrote a letter to my teenage self

My husband wrote the sweetest anniversary post


I rocked red lipstick, and encouraged you guys to rock it too.



And I felt utterly thankful that I have readers and blog friends who leave me little love notes and support. Thank you, thank you and here's to another year of Rouge & Whimsy!



7 comments

  1. So so so! Lucky to have met you! Thank you for being a friend! I'm so blessed to have stumbled upon you and your awesome headbands. Blog Sugar is a great memory from this year. :) Even though I was so dang nervous!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to be able to count you as one of my blog friends Erika. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you! So glad I met you in 2011. Can't wait to read more in 2012!

    XX

    -Tori
    torigjohnson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was a great year indeed! I'm so happy to read this year in review and thankful I "met" you this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED meeting you that delightful day. Happy New Year beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great year indeed! I am so glad you came to blogsugar {esp. since it wont be happening this year}. I wore red lipstick for the first time last night and I kinda loved it. I know it is already Jan. 1 but can I still do sponsorship for this month?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like this year was a real upturn for you with lots of little delightful moments and changes.

    and your freckles are indeed adorable!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs