1/3/12

green or blue?


 Green or blue?

This was the question I posed to my friend in a text message.

I was standing in Urban Outfitters, two pairs of denim in my hand: bright blue and bright green. She didn't answer so I texted the husband.

I don't usually ask the husband for fashion advice, not because I don't value his opinion, but because he and I really differ when it comes to clothing.

He asks me if my jacket is too small when I wear my cropped, 3/4 sleeve blazer.

Before we were married, he thought that the difference between a dress and a skirt was that a dress was a "fancy version of a skirt."

I'm not saying this to make fun of him, but just to give some background to why I felt hestitant in asking his opinion.

When I wandered into Urban for their denim sale, I was going to buy bright blue jeans. Simple-- not too daring but fun. But the green ones... they were a little out there... but I wanted to try them.
Like any girl I decided to ask for advice.  And when my friend didn't answer... the husband did and emphatically told me: Green!

I was a little surprised because I expected his response to me more like my brother's who exclaimed "those are bright" when he first saw me wear them.

Maybe I've underestimated my husband's fashion sense, just maybe. 

But then again, the husband's favorite combo is a t-shirt over a long-sleeved t-shirt.

xo, erika

p.s. do you see my necklace? it's a twillypop necklace I won and I love love love it and highly recommend it. It's a great weight, made so well and doubles as a bracelet. Oh, and Sara packages it up so cute I can hardly stand it. soooo go check her stuff out...
Twillypop: shop::blog::twitter::facebook

13 comments

  1. Cute! I think.... I have the blue version of those pants. Maybe. ;]
    http://theotherpocket.blogspot.com/2011/12/nightlock.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love color jeans. u look very good on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green looks terrific on you Erika!!
    I am so glad that your hubby told you to go for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you went with green, they look amazing on you!

    And can I just say that your husband's idea of the difference between a dress and a skirt totally made me giggle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the green jeans! From the sounds of things, my husband and your may have been cut from the same "fashion sense" mold :)

    Thanks so much for the sweet, sweet shout out AND for wearing one of my necklaces SO well! XO Sara {twillypop}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green!

    And agreed about twillypop packaging... bought myself something from Sara's shop and couldn't contain my excitement when I saw the beautiful packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those JEANS! OMG I am SO HAPPY you went with green! ! ! ! LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the green! So cute on you! =) & cute hubs background info too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the green! Got the same one in my closet too!
    Your blog is very nice! I've become a new follower here and on Twitter!
    Greetings
    Eline

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE those jeans. You are gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not usually a fan of colored jeans but these look fantastic! Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the green! Love the twillypop!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs