1/12/12

hello fellow redhead

What's better than one redhead on a blog? Two redheads on a blog.

I'm sorry-- that's a terrible joke, but I am so pleased to introduce you to Lindsay of the cute blog and shop Originally Me.

We're having a little interview swap today-- so read Lindsay's answers here and then head over to her blog to see what I had to say!

<><><>
What are three words to describe you?
 happy, compassionate, friendly

How did you start blogging? 
I started blogging about a year ago when a friend of mine who also has a jewelry business told me that she had just started a blog and that I should too!  She told me I would love it, but I must be honest, I never thought I would love it this much!  So it originally started as a way to promote my handmade business and has grown  so much.  It continues to amaze me how many incredible people I've met in the blogging world and how much I truly enjoy sharing little bits and pieces of my life with the world.  It's turned into so much more than I ever thought it would.   


What are some of your favorite blog posts and topics?
I love to post about things that are on my heart.  I don't really have a blog schedule.  I have different topics that I seem to focus on like fashion, handmade projects, a little cooking here and there and that sort of thing, but most of my blog tends to just be whatever comes to mind, whatever is on my heart at the moment.  
 

 
These are some of my favorite posts of all time! 
take time to stop and smell the roses 
confessions
home sweet home 

What are your secret skills? (like I'm a super fast reader...)
I'm quite a handy woman with power tools... you would never expect that from this fashionista! (Lindsay-- please teach me power tool skillz! Blog post tutorial?)
If you could live anywhere-- where would it be?
I spent a semester in Genoa, Italy and it was probably one of the best 6 months of my life.  If I could live anywhere in the world, I would probably go back to somewhere in Italy.  I just love the slightly slower pace of life, the emphasis on family, the beautiful scenery, and the incredibly delicious food... mmm so fresh! (amen for slower pace of life!!)

 What are your dreams for the future?
 My dreams change and grow every single day.  I'm currently getting my masters in architecture and have 3 semesters left and gahh I just had a moment last week where I was like what am I going to do with the rest of my life?? My dream job would be something in the design world.  I have a passion for design in general, not just architecture.  I love everything about it.  Then of course having a pretty little house to decorate and finding and marrying the man of my dreams.       


Your most embarrassing moment?
How do I even just pick one?  Let's just say I'm pretty much the clumsiest person ever!!  I'm constantly tripping up stairs and hopping up to look around to make sure no one is looking.  Just a few months ago, I was out for my morning run and yep, I tripped, face planted on the sidewalk and had to walk home with a bloody knee.  I got lots of great looks.  That's for sure.   


And, finally -- a very important question-- what's better, cake or pie?
Cake for sure!! especially if it's my grandma's peanut butter chocolate cake... yummmm

<><><>

Isn't she lovely-- even if she does prefer cake over pie! (wink, wink)

go connect with Lindsay here:
shop:      blog:      twitter:     facebook
 
and be sure to take a peek at her wrap bracelets-- I love this one!
 
xo, erika
p.s. tgit! thank God it's Thursday... which means almost Friday! :)

3 comments

  1. I do like feisty red heads. You girls look adorable together.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe cute post!!!! i've always wanted red hair...ever since i was introduced to Anne of Green Gables. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute interview!

    P.S. I secretly (or maybe not so secretly) have always wanted to be a redhead.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs