1/5/12

five things friday: books, kale and the puppy

My week, although I had Monday off, seemed long. Apparently getting back into the swing of things after the holidays is rough-- even if you work between Christmas and New Years.

But a few good things kept me going this week..


1. I'm a total book nerd and I'm one of those people who will get caught up in a book and read until midnight. The Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers is one of those books. (I also joined goodreads.com-- find me there!)


2. a bridal shower sunday with dear friends and lots of food.

3. eating healthy and cooking brussel sprouts for the first time! I'm on a major veggie kick right now and made kale pesto and a kale smoothie. nom.

4. chill evening at home with the puppy, trashy tv (The Bachelor) and wearing sweatpants.


5. finding lefse at the grocery store! I'm one-quarter Norwegian and I grew up eating lefse for breakfast. It's a flat bread made of potatoes and I love it rolled it with with butter, sugar and cinnamon.


five things I loved from the internet this week.


1. this cracks me up. I'm not sure what that says about me, but I think it's hilarious. (warning- you need your volume up for this one)

2. this blog post about seattle is brilliant.

3.  the beauty of slower (and steady) business growth by acute designs

4. glitter shoe diy on a beautiful mess. swoon.

5. the kale pesto i made-- highly recommend it!


what was good in your week?


xo, erika

linking up!

Aisle to Aloha

17 comments

  1. Such an epic post!!! I love your puppy, SO CUTE!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. good in my week was moving my step-kiddos to a new school district and it all going smoothly and then having such an amazing attitude about it! makes me proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you have a Corgi!!! I <3 Corgis.

    I hear ya on the veggie kick. I am on a gym and veggie kick... luckily ive been on my gym kick since the day after Thanksgiving and it hasn't gone anywhere {lets hope it stays that way}, woohoo. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished "a voice in the wind" and I am now impatiently waiting on the other two books of the series! It was a Christmas present and I finished it in a week!
    Great Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Francine Rivers. I've read Redeeming Love and Antonement Child. And #4 pretty much sums up my week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with the veggies! That's something I'm trying to start adding into the menu more! Gotta admit not quite sure what to do with kale but its a fun learning process =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Francine Rivers!!! And your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a wonderful week Erika!!
    PS Your puppy is adorable!!!
    TGIF friend!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an author I need to check out, hmm? I'll add this book to my way too long list.

    Happy weekend Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute post!!
    Love that Francine Rivers is one of your favs....I finally (after reading the library's copy over and over)bought my own copy of Voice in the Wind and am currently reading it! One of the best series ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute post!!! i'm a fan of francine rivers too. haven't read her stuff in awhile but you're reminding me that i should!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your puppy is too sweet. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. since i married karl, we have made lefse every christmas. since we didn't travel back to MN this year, his mom sent us some. yum!
    super cute dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at those ears! Such a cute fur baby :) And serrrriously such a good book! Hope this week is even better :) {and maybe even filled with finish book #2 in the series!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your corgi! Someday, I'll have one of my own...*sigh. I'll also be watching the bachelor this season. I'm not proud to admit that I seriously get hooked to it. :) Good to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh girl, will you eat my veggies for me??! Not a veggie lover over here. Though I do enough smoothies and sneak in spinach-- I'm kind of like a 5 year old in that way. ;) thanks for linking up with me, Erika!!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs