1/30/12

currently

I've never had anything but positive feedback on my little blog and for that I am grateful. Thank you. Some days it's a big deal for me to put myself out there-- silly outfits, funny tutorials -- and I get nervous wondering what others think.

But what I remember is that this little blog is first and foremost for me. I love to write, I love to share photos and find an excuse to share pretty photos and little crafts I've made. It's self-indulgent, yes, but a hobby I love. And I hope if you blog, or take photos or sew or cook or fly-fish or whatever, you do it because you love it -- without thinking of what others may think.

today I'm linking up with Chelsey of the Paper Mama for a self-portrait challenge and sharing some little things going on in my world.


Obsessing over…
Downton Abbey. Ohhh so good. I just finished the first season and am just starting the second!

Working on…
a super-top-secret project that may make it into the etsy shop-- or may just stay in my home for me. It involves pretty fabric and teaching myself something new. :)

Thinking about:
someone who is struggling, a dear friend I need to call, and a plan to somehow combine crafting + fundraising.

Anticipating…
the weekend... as always (and creative estates)

Listening to…
Florence + the Machine (still) and the new Ingrid Michaelson album

Eating…
nothing currently, but I did just eat plain yogurt topped with frozen blackberries and flax seed. nom.

Wishing…
I had more time for everything in my head and that I was a morning person and needed less sleep and that my pup was completely healed from surgery.


happy tuesday!

xo, erika

p.s. Notice the fancy specs? They're from Costco. And lately I've been trying to give my eyes a break from contacts and wear glasses. I'm not a huge fan of glasses because I hate the way they feel on my nose. I don't even like sunglasses for this reason. Contacts usually are a win for me.

12 comments

  1. Season Two will blow your mind. Try not to die at the end of episode eight, as the Christmas special helps make it a little better to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I had more time for everything in my head and that I was a morning person and needed less sleep"

    WITH YOU on those things! Forreal.
    Sending a get well to your puppy :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for currently posts. I just wrote one on my blog too:

    Oliveobserver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I just finished season one also. Can't WAIT to start season two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean...I have to remind myself the blog is for me and it doesn't matter what others think...especially on a day like today when I post a vlog!
    Can't wait to find out what the super secret project is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the specs & self portrait! Agree, the blog is for us! Lovely words. =) Have a great day! Can I guess what your project is? Is it something to do with quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the specs and love this post. We're hoping that the lil' pup is completely healed soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your scarf! and i really need to get into DA - everyone keeps talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually hoping that I didn't fry my computer so I can use my tax return money to get a new pair of glasses... yours look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i keep hearing ppl talking about downtown abbey but haven't seen it myself, prob should check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart you!! Love the glasses! Can't wait to hear about creative estates! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Downton Abbey is SO good! I am dying trying to wait for the next season...

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs