1/23/12

fort date night

Sometimes every day needs to be made a little more special. You get into this daily grind-- getting up, going to work, drinking that same cup of coffee, making the same sandwich for lunch, coming home and going through the same routine before going to bed. And then it starts all over again.

Sometimes you need to do something a little more fun.


I haven't made a fort in years (I actually made "study forts all the time in college) and so I decided it was high time to make one for the husband and me.





And what's a better fort than one made of vintage sheets? Especially one with a bottle of red wine inside.


of course the doggie thought the fort was for him.

how do you make ordinary days seem special?

xo, erika

13 comments

  1. Awh, so much fun and so romantic :)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe!! How fun!! I love your vintage sheets and your puppy is SOOOOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that idea! it's hard to make things special and romantic sometimes with 4 kids in the house - we need to focus on that more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! i agree, a fort with a bottle of wine inside...it just doesn't get any better!

    funny story, my cousin who lives in Seattle had his birthday cake in a fort in their apartment last night, i saw pics on facebook :) i'm starting to think you need to meet his wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! One of my 101 in 1001 is to build a fort =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is adorable! & red wine, even better! :) One of my goals on my "list" is to sleep in a fort I built! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. When can I come spend the night ap we can chat in your ah-mazing fort?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are the cutest. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Just the other day the idea popped back into my head to make a fort (after seeing pics on a website over a year ago) and I sent myself a reminder email to do just that. Need to pick a day soon and surprise my wife and daughter. Haven't done this since she was a wee thing and she just graduated from college.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs