And if you're like me, you're juggling work, life and a million other things and perhaps shopping is something that got a little bit waysided.
Rather than braving the crowds at the mall (one of my least favorite things) try a few of these unique ideas for a heartfelt gift.
1. an activityRather than give more stuff, make your gift an activity! Go to a movie, a new restaurant or the museum. Sometimes time spent together is better anyway.
2. foodWhen I was in college, my brother filled a bag with some of my favorite foods and treats-- things I would never buy for myself: chocolate, wine, satsumas, fancy tea and coffee. Honestly sometimes this is just a thoughtful as something you don't eat. And if you make it -- double points!
3. framed art and photosif it's too late to get something from Etsy -- make your own art by editing photos you've taken. Don't worry about needing photoshop -- Picasa is a great tool for free.
4. serviceMy love language is service, meaning that I feel most loved when people do something for me. If someone gave me the gift of cleaning my house, cooking dinner for me for a week or anything else like that -- I would be over the moon. This is not a cop-out gift -- honestly.
5. use your talentsAre you a great writer? Could you write them a story or a poem? Or are you just amazing at working out and could offer yourself as a personal trainer for the new year? Are you a great cook? What about teaching them cooking classes? Get creative with your gift using the talents you already have.
Do you have any good last-minute gift ideas? I just baked a TON of cookies...