12/19/11

my 5 last-minute gift ideas

I don't mean to stress you out but Christmas is this upcoming weekend.

And if you're like me, you're juggling work, life and a million other things and perhaps shopping is something that got a little bit waysided.

Rather than braving the crowds at the mall (one of my least favorite things) try a few of these unique ideas for a heartfelt gift.

1. an activity
Rather than give more stuff, make your gift an activity! Go to a movie, a new restaurant or the museum. Sometimes time spent together is better anyway.


 2. food
When I was in college, my brother filled a bag with some of my favorite foods and treats-- things I would never buy for myself: chocolate, wine, satsumas, fancy tea and coffee. Honestly sometimes this is just a thoughtful as something you don't eat. And if you make it -- double points!


3. framed art and photos
if it's too late to get something from Etsy -- make your own art by editing photos you've taken. Don't worry about needing photoshop -- Picasa is a great tool for free. 

 

4. service
My love language is service, meaning that I feel most loved when people do something for me. If someone gave me the gift of cleaning my house, cooking dinner for me for a week or anything else like that -- I would be over the moon. This is not a cop-out gift -- honestly.


5. use your talents
Are you a great writer? Could you write them a story or a poem? Or are you just amazing at working out and could offer yourself as a personal trainer for the new year? Are you a great cook? What about teaching them cooking classes? Get creative with your gift using the talents you already have.



Do you have any good last-minute gift ideas? I just baked a TON of cookies...
xo, erika

9 comments

  1. love these ideas!! i always offer a free night of babysitting if i run out of ideas/money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic ideas dear!!
    I simply can not believe that Christmas is THIS weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas and whoa, I can.not. believe Christmas is less than a week away.

    I'll be baking up some goodies for gifts, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of the "make your own art?" I actually have that exact same scrapbook paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you really want a gift that makes you feel good, go with this http://www.givingbetter.org/giving-blog/give-giving-card-holiday-season'

    Phenomenal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really great ideas lady! I love the food one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always thinking baking is a great last minute gift! can't go wrong w/ christmas sugar cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i actually just babysat for free for a mom in my bible study...i knew with the holidays there wouldn't be much money floating around {and i didn't have any money to buy her a gift either!} so it was a win-win.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs