12/30/11

five things friday resolution-style

I don't usually do New Years resolutions. It's not because I'm against them, really, it's more because I'm not good at following through.

And I hate not following through with something.

I don't make resolutions because I don't want to fail.

But life is about failure and getting back up. It's about growing. We aren't called to be stagnant but to grow and change and learn.

So I made a few resolutions -- nothing big, nothing scary -- just five things that I would like to work on.


1. thankfulness. I am beyond blessed, I really am, and there is no reason to make this a part of my daily life.


2. prayer. what i found on pinterest sums it up. I usually pray as an after-thought to my planning and dissecting and discussing. That should change.

3. house stuffs. there are some rooms I want to paint, some things that need to be fixed, some general projects that I would love to make a reality.

4. saving money. The husband and I aren't necessarily bad at this, but I know we could get better.

5. biz. I have an idea for my etsy shop & indie biz future and I need to make the time and effort to follow through. I promise full disclosure later. :)

what are you planning for next year? i'd love to hear it.

xo, erika

7 comments

  1. Ooh I love that pin! Thank you for sharing!

    I, like you, tend to not follow through and then beat myself up for it. But I'm going to dive into some resolutions this year :) I love love love yours, especially thankfulness and prayer.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to make my life about ME. I don't want to back down on what I want because of someone else. So my only resolution really is to make 2012 all about myself.

    Selfish but a must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE where your head is at. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't put mine down on paper yet but that will happen soon. Can't wait to hear what you're thinking about your shop! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through Susannah Bean's sponsor post. Looks like I'm in good company because I'm loving your blog!!
    I definitely agree with your take on resolutions. I much prefer general life goals and self improvement goals as opposed to "go to the gym everyday" or anything like that. Saving $$$ will totally be on my list this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I don't usually make resolutions either, but have been thinking about being more intentional about a few things I want to take on/cut out! Here's to 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs