12/28/11

hello again.


 top: banana republic outlet   belt: mama's from the 80s  skirt: Gap   tights: ??  boots: Macys

Plaid and mustard yellow.

It's not out-there crazy but a little more out-there than I may have done a year ago. I really like this look actually and really like plaid in general-- especially on my husband. (he may or may not have gotten some plaid shirts for Christmas) :)

I took a bit of a break from blogging the past week or so.

It was good for me.

As much as I honestly, truly, really-really love to blog, love to write, love to search for inspiration for my next post, the holidays had me running around and blogging just didn't quite fit in. It was like me attempting to jam a puzzle piece into the wrong spot.

People were in town, there were parties, gifts to be made, gifts to be wrapped and then family to see and celebrations to be had.

But I'm back now. So hi. :)

I have decided, however, to be a little more lax in my blogging this month (the husband is silently cheering while reading this) just because I think I should. I hope you all forgive me.

But in the meantime, yes, my Christmas was wonderful because I read... a lot... and slept and ate even more. I am still full actually.

And I am so thankful for wonderful family and friends, a warm home, beautiful memories that I made, and so much more. 

How was your holiday?

xo, erika

7 comments

  1. SO glad your back! Missed you pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and LOVE your hair. Love the break from blogging ... I'm doing the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt + button down combo!!
    And your hair looks amazing!! (As always!!)) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really adoring this look - I love mustard items especailly skirts! I think they are so much fun to remix, definitely going to try this look soon. Thanks for sharing! Adoring the layout of your blog <3

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I missed you!

    My Christmas was a little disappointing but I am very much looking forward to NYE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that skirt corduroy!? If it is, I love it even more! Lovely outfit and I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!

    I hope the season of more relaxed blogging will bless you and help you feel rejuvenated!

    My Christmas was wonderful, relaxing, and a bit heart-thumping with excitement. Now I'm looking forward to bringing in the new year!

    Blessings!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally in love with that skirt. <3

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs