12/23/11

what i wore to the nutcracker

The husband surprised me with tickets to the Pacific Northwest Ballet's Nutcracker for Christmas.

He picked me up from work and we went to dinner first at a little French-Cajun restaurant. On our way to the restaurant we passed a small park near the ballet that has a colored light display, a perfect place for a quick photo op.



Dinner was perfect, the ballet was wonderful and the best part was spending time together with the husband (and maybe having an excuse to dress up a bit.)

I wore the Boogie Woogie from Shabby Apple that was my bridesmaid dress for my cousin's wedding. I love when you can rewear something like that.


me: dress- shabby apple    cardi-   old navy   tights- ?   shoes: macys  

husband:   coat- JCPenney    khakis- Gap    shoes- sperry topsiders


Have you ever gone to the Nutcracker? I hadn't been in years but it totally exceeded my expectations!
xo, erika

4 comments

  1. I used to be obsessed with the Nutcracker and Maurice Sendak's work when I was younger, so Whitney and I decided to go see the performance right before Christmas at McCaw Hall back in 2009, when Quincy Pondexter from the UW basketball team was performing in it. It was the most distracting thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE dress lady! I miss seeing the Nutcracker, I may have to do that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are SO PRETTY! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great dress! I love being able to re-wear bridesmaid dresses too :) I don't think I've been to the Nutcracker since high school. Merry Christmas, Erika!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs