9/28/11

encouraged.

blog sugar in one word: enouraging.

in another word: scary.

yes, I was nervous to be there in sunny So Cal unsure of who to talk to, how to talk to anyone or take photos or even get the nerve to go up to someone.

and I'm not even that shy of a person... but something about not really knowing anyone, being the only Seattle blogger, a newbie-ish blogger, scared me just a little. (or maybe a lot.)

but I would go again in a heartbeat for the words I heard and the people I met.

Here's what I want to share with you.

- You are unique. No one else has the talents that God has given you and no one else will be the kind of blogger you are. So there's no need to compare-- you are filling the void in the Internet that no one else can fill. absolutely no one.

- And because you are unique, embrace it. Be yourself, be real. Blog from your heart, blog what's real and be the blogger that you would want to connect with, the blog that you would want to read.

It's incredibly freeing to embrace who we are created to be. I am not always good at it-- I doubt a lot, I wonder a lot, and I get scared of what others will think of me.

We, as bloggers, have been given a gift-- a gift of communicating and crafting and whatever else comes with it-- and this is no gift to be taken lightly.

I am incredibly thankful to have the time at blog sugar to be reminded of what's important. I hope that in this post I can remind you who are bloggers of the same thing.

But if you ever need encouragement or anything else, shoot me an email or tweet. :) Turns out its not so scary to talk to (and even meet) other bloggers.

What's been encouraging you lately?

xo, erika




20 comments

  1. Aw that is AWESOME! I love reading stuff like this, it makes being a blogger so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard lots of good things about blog sugar. i'm following you now from soleil selene's link up. love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower from Soleil Selene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found a lot of inspiration on Pinterest lately!

    New follower from the Soleil Selene Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't Blog Sugar SO awesome?!?! Too bad we didn't get to chat there. Looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from soleil selene! Nice to meet you. Wish I could have been at Blog Sugar. I love hearing all the stories now! I so want to go next year!! I'm so shy though and I'd have so many apprehensions about going because of that. Hopefully through lots of prayer I can do this next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post; this post is encouraging me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved meeting you!!! you are absolutely darling. Your shop is absolutely adorable and so are you. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a great experience! I would love to go to something like that one day. We need something in Southern Ontario! Hahaha. Or, I guess I could travel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wish I could have gone to Blog Sugar! I have heard nothing but great things about it!!
    I am a new follower from Soleil Selene :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an encouraging post! I'm your newest follower. :)

    www.saraandluke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasn't blog sugar the best! So glad I went. I'm excited to get to know you more on your blog. Following you from Soleil Selene.
    xo
    Andee

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower from Soleil Selene :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for such an uplifting post! I wish I could have gone :)

    new follower from Soleil Selene :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I doubt a lot, I wonder a lot, and I get scared of what others will think of me." me too. me too.

    blog sugar was great.

    and i LOVE seattle. a lot.

    now i'm going to go snoop around here and get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing about your experience. I totally agree that each one of us has a message and a purpose that no one else can do for us. Even if just one person is encouraged, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing about your experience. I totally agree that each one of us has a message and a purpose that no one else can do for us. Even if just one person is encouraged, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing about your experience. I totally agree that each one of us has a message and a purpose that no one else can do for us. Even if just one person is encouraged, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh! i wish we could've met! blog sugar blessed me more than i dreamed it would. so thankful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. You came to Blog Sugar? How did I not put that together? I was looking at your neon shop update and this post was suggested in link within below. Do you know I helped throw Blog Sugar?! And are you from California? How did I miss all this?!?

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs