9/9/11

five things friday & endless summer


red lipstick: clinique, top: anthropologie, shorts: gap, sandals: target

Happy Friday! Can you tell I like Fridays? I get really excited when the weekend is coming up and I feel like every week I gush over the end of my work week.

the little things that made me smile this week:
1. my husband who I usually don't deserve. He puts up with a lot. Being married to a creative person is a challenge :)

2. Seattle doesn't know it's fall yet. It's been in the mid-80s and I love it! More summer please!

3. Two relaxing nights of TV + crafting. Project Runway and Design Star are my boob tube shows of choice currently.

4. I'm playing florist tomorrow as I prepare for a wedding Saturday. I am SUPER excited about it.

5.  A family issue that resolved itself through prayer. :) Basically when one door shut for a family member of mine, another opened. Pretty amazing.


the little things that made me smile on the Internet:

-  Elsie's 5 Tips for Staying Inspired.

- Erin's recipe for Spice Cake with Salted Carmel Drizzle. [drool]

- Melisa's grandma started a blog, which I think is the sweetest.

- is it too late in the season to have a lemonade stand? Yes Teacher! inspired me...

- I love Heather's home tours series-- and Jami's is beautiful. :)

p.s. I'm linking up

Aisle to Aloha
p.p.s. my husband and my brother are cracking me up right now. they're about 5 years old right now and I like it. (quick side note-- one of my bros is living w/ the husband and i while he has an internship in downtown seattle.)

6 comments

  1. I kinda wasn't ready for our summer to end abruptly and missing the transitional days and it's just plain chilly 'round here! have fun being florist- can't wait to see some photos :)
    also love the addition of 5 little things on the internet that made you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need to come out to Seattle? I could use a smidge more summer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links, thanks for sharing :) Have a great weekend!

    hiphopsideproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping over from the link up, excited to find a fellow Seattle-ite here! I'm also loving the summer weather, it can stay! Have a great weekend, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! And florist for a wedding? How exciting! Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over from Lindsay's link-up! What a great opportunity to be florist on someone's special day! Summer finally really hit in SoCal with quite the heatwave- we're back down into the 70's & 80's though, so it's a good thing. I can't wait to see more of your little things and I love that you showed some love for 5 other places on the internet! Checking them out now!

    (www.theyoungretireeseeks.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs