10/28/11

fall love-- link up!

I love fall.

for gorgeous sunsets & sunrises and crisp air and changing leaves


for rust and brown



and scarves and boots



and baking pumpkin treats with the husband:


and of course, eating what we baked: pumpkin cornbread. delish.


  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • ½ cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • Eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • ¼ cups olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon molasses 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
 
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, brown sugar, and cornmeal.

In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, and then stir in the pumpkin, oil, and molasses.

Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined, and then pour the batter into the pan, smoothing out the top as much as possible.

Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm (with honey!)

recipe found here

linking up for the fall followers' fest... go check out all the other fall-themed posts! :)

and of course,  happy friday.







Photobucket

13 comments

  1. I might have to try that pumpkin corn bread! Sounds fantastic! Love all of your outfits btw. You always look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the followers fest! love it! thanks for sharing!

    lilyamongthorns22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm yummy, that food looks delish. I may have to try that recipe. Thanks lady! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Loving all of these photos! :) Awesome colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i seriously can't believe that Fall is almost OVER! a tragedy. but i loved your post, friend...it made me feel like it's Fall over in ENC, not cold & rainy like today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. um... excuse me?? pumpkin cornbread?!?! YUMMMM!!!!!
    I think I may have to add this to things I must try!!! :)
    PS You are so cute!! I love your outfits!!
    (I found your blog via the Fall Fest and I am your newest follower!!) :)
    Have a wonderful day!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. yumm, can't wait to try out the pumpkin cornbread recipe!! New follower from the follow fest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Followers Fest!! I love your cute blog and your hair color (amongst other things)!! New follower!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nom nom nom. Looks soo good! :)

    So glad to of found you on the Fest! Loving your blog!

    Now following!http://elizabeththomasblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipe that I will definitely have to try. I love anything pumpkin related. Even in curries. ;) Also, you look great in rust red, although with your fabulous hair you probably look great in a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopped over from muchloveilly! & I'm your newest follower :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs