10/12/11

fall recipe link-up: caramel apple cake

Caramel and apples. Is there anything other more delicious for fall?

I made this cake last week and when I didn't have quite all the ingredients, I made parts of it up.

And it turned out to be one of the best things I've ever made.


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup flour                      2 eggs
1 cup white sugar                 3/4 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar               1/4 cup orange juice
2 tsp baking soda                 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt                               2 peeled, chopped apples
2 tsp cinnamon                    1/2 tsp nutmeg


mix the dry ingredients-- flour through cinnamon


in another bowl, beat eggs until frothy. add remaining ingredients and beat until blended

peel & chop apples and add to the mix.

slowly stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.

pour into 9 x13 pan

bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Caramel drizzel

Unwrap half of bag of caramels and melt slowly over low heat on the stove with 1 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of milk.


Drizzle over cake and eat several pieces.



linking up!

6 comments

  1. YUM! I could go for some of this right NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh WOW. that looks amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmh, that sounds delicious. I have never thought of putting caramel on apple cake, but I'll definitely have to try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love caramel apple anything and this looks SO good! must try!!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs