10/14/11

five things friday: a little overwhelmed



cardigan & top: Old Navy   jeans: Forever 21  boots: Nordstrom

I'm not going to lie and tell you this week was easy.

This week was actually really hard and I've been really tired and overwhelmed and have felt, for most of the week, that I could never finish anything I was supposed to do or do anything I had on my plate very well.

Do you have those moments?

On top of that, my eye will NOT stop twitching. That in itself, is driving me a little crazy.

But still, I can see the good through the craziness and am so thankful for the people in my life who remind me what is important.

1. Teaching Sunday School to 5 and 6 year old girl. They are so sweet and cute and say the funniest things. The gem from this week? The little girl that told me that she was being something "real scary for Halloween... Michael Jackson the zombie."  ummm OK.

2. This tree outside my house.

 
 3. My husband being so gracious and understanding. Thursday he told me to take a nap and he would make dinner. swoon.

4. Having time to work on some things for the shop... like this:


 5.  And this little cheerful guy. What a funny little doggie.



Things I love from around the web:

1. Biz Ladies: Guide to a Successful Product Launch via Design*Sponge

2. Tips for Blogging with Your Handmade Business via Sunshine and Carousels

3. DIY Clothespin Bulletin Board by Michaela Noel

4. Casey rockin' one of my headbands and making me feel famous :)

5. this beautifully honest post by Lindsay

did you write something or see something wonderful online? you should share it :)

also. happy friday to you from the bottom of my heart.

xo, Erika
Aisle to Aloha

7 comments

  1. Monte ALWAYS cheers me up when I need it. Aren't our pets the best? I can't be sad when he's bouncing around smiling at me =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your puppy! Love corgis can't wait to get one some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way. I am hoping for a more productive week...next week!
    Keep on keeping on!
    Talk to you soon!
    Jacqui
    www.babyboybakery.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your puppy!! and your outfit is adorably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your boots! i know it's from nordstrom, but what brand are they? and i LOVE corgis. my parents have one and she's the sweetest :)

    http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i get stressed my right index finger starts twitching. it's the weirdest thing ever. but i hope you had a restful weekend my dear and that the twitching has stopped! :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs