8/11/11

before & after: old house edition

My mom doesn't toot her own horn, especially as it comes to her work. I'm taking the liberty of showing off her successes for her-- the restoration of a 100-year-old home that had been completely run down.

before:
front of the home
living room
kitchen
breakfast room
downstairs bath
upstairs landing
master bedroom
master bath
bedroom
after:

front of the house
living room
kitchen
breakfast room
downstairs bath
upstairs landing
master bedroom
master bath
bedroom
the artwork in the bedroom pictured above is one of my favorite parts of the house. The two framed piece above the bed are old paint by number paintings they picked up a thrift shop. I think they add just the right touch of handmade and whimsy,

the best part of my mom's and her business partner's work is that they buy used or vintage furniture and salvaged all they could from the house. The adorable benches in the breakfast nook-- made of old doors from the master bedroom.


there's something incredible about a transformation-- whether it's an old house like this, or a piece of furniture or a piece of vintage fabric into something lovely... the process of something or someone being made new.

Feeling inspired? I know I am. Happy Thursday. :)

8 comments

  1. I am speechless. Absolutely amazing! I seriously want to live in that house. Like...bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the breakfast area. What an amazing transformation....I'd totally buy this house if I lived near you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely...thank you for sharing! it gives me a lot of hope for our current home. it's 90 years old and sometimes i just think we're in way over our head and will never be done (but we've only been there since april). i'll be returning to this post for inspiration when i'm discouraged about our place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. UMMM amazing!! can your mom come and help me design/remodel our home?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, um, is this house for sale? And, um, can I buy it please?

    What an AMAZING transformation! Props to your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy smokes! I wish I had talent like your mother does!

    By the way, thank you for the sweet comments on my blog! I live in Capitol Hill! What part of Seattle do you live in? Haha - is this house in Ravenna?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I've said before, I NEED your mother to come help me redecorate our home. :) She is so incredible talented! This should be published in a magazine it's SO good!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs