8/19/11

five days in france: le mode

It's true, Parisians are chic. It's that je ne sais quoi about them. It's the no tennis shoes, fleece jackets or baseball caps or sweat pants. It was the way that my mom and I could instantly pick out an American tourist in the crowd of people swarming the worn cobblestones.

Here is my style guide to faking that French oh la la look.

Few of them wear any noticeable makeup so start with simple makeup, nude eyeshadow, if you must do liner--simple black on the top lids only, and just enough mascara and blush.

For an extra boost, a swipe of perfect red lipstick.

pinterest

Add simple, loose hair and perhaps a striped shirt
pinterest

or a simple top and silk scarf. Scarves make any outfit glamorous. And Parisians wear a lot of them.

pinterest
or a blazer and skinny dark jeans. You can't go wrong with this combo.

pinterest
 Here's a few more French-inspired outfits that I love.

pinterest
pinterest
pinterest

Where do you get your fashion inspiration?

6 comments

  1. With French fashion, it is all about the scarves! When I lived there with my family, I was always impressed by how they could recycle an outfit but pair a different scarf or a different accessory with it and make it look totally new!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this "series" has been so fun. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! I love how effortless the fashion looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, that's one of my fashion fears: ppl will see that i'm trying to be cooler than i really am, haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all I love Paris! Paris has so much magic.

    recently i went to Asia- and got a ton of style inspiration in Hong Kong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved this series! i want to go to Parie dressed in these outfits!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs