8/23/11

you is kind


Sometimes I get stuck in the comparison mode-- especially when it comes to my blog.

My blog isn't good enough. I don't have enough followers and my photography is lacking.

My product isn't selling enough. Do I need to change it?

I am not working enough. I am working too much. 

These voices swirl in my head and I find it hard to listen to the one voice of God that I believe tells me that I am good enough.

This weekend I went to see the movie The Help. I've blogged about how much I loved the book and have been inspired by Kathryn Stockett.

Although no movie is ever as good as the book, I can still say that I completely enjoyed the movie, especially the message by the main character Abilene. 

Leaning over to Maie Mobley, Abilene whispers in the toddler's ear every day this simple message:
You is kind.
You is smart.
You is important.

And Maie Mobley, in faith, repeats it after her.

I think this is something that I need to repeat to myself every day. And maybe it's something you should repeat to yourself as well. 

linking up to Call Me Blessed today!

4 comments

  1. I just saw The Help yesterday and was truly inspired as well. I believe in that message as something we should tell ourselves everyday. As my mom says: if you don't think highly of yourself, who will? Self-confidence and positive thinking go a long way!

    PS: Just found your blog! It's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched this movie and her words spoke to me as well. It was a good reminder of how God sees us, even when those around us don't. I definitely need to remind myself of this daily - it's an easy lesson to forget when everything around you tries to convince you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen. this quote is awesome; I'm reading the Help right now & it's great! could do without the language {as always} but can't wait to finish teh book & watch the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love this! We need to appreciate the gifts and talents God has given us and trust Him to do what He will with it. Thanks for linking up and the blog looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs