8/14/12

de-compartmentalized

top: thrifted (also worn here) // skirt: Gap (worn here) // belt: Gap // bangle, shoes: thrifted

I don't always talk deep stuff here. I like light-hearted stuff and fun stuff and inspiring stuff.

And sometimes deep stuff -- like thoughts on faith -- seem strange to pair with a post about a thrifted tee.

But what I'm learning lately is that my faith is not a faith that is easily compartmentalized. And my life, as hard as I try, is not always easily compartmentalized.

It turns out what I wear posts pairs perfectly with what I believe. And I believe that God is honored when I live my life fully -- when I pursue passions with my utmost, even somewhat silly passions like putting together an outfit with a thrifted top.

I am learning to own up to who I am -- in my faith, the outfit posts, my etsy shop, day job, corgi monster and all.

Do you (try to) compartmentalize your life?

xo, erika

p.s. linking up to pleated poppy

7 comments

  1. Love this post. Good for you!

    My life is soo not compartmentalized, and I don't think it ever will be. I'm kindof a mess, and that's okay.

    For what it's worth, that thrifted top is fab.u.lous.

    <3 Daryl
    Roots, Wings & Other Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl I hear ya! I try so hard to compartmentalize things like my blog and twitter and even IG, but it is so hard. I agree with you, God wants all of us and will use all of us for His glory! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I think everyone tries to a little to stop the messiness of everyday life.. I find that hard so my blog always borders on being very personal but light hearted! I think it's because I'm one of those people where what you see is what you get. I think people like that though, and on a recent post I wrote about trolls I got lots of comments about the way I write. A lot of them were saying that they liked that I didn't try to make things to polished and that I was honest. I think that if you want to compartmentalise your online persona then that's fine, but people will still like you if you want to be yourself!

    raspberrykitsch.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a planner (even a totally off the wall one) I definitely try to. But that obviously doesn't always work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get this too. I'm definitely not a "deep thinker" on my blog. Or try not to be. But I TOTALLY get this post. And you look gosh dang adorable!! LOVE YOUR FACE (and your outfit)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the grey and yellow together!

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! I needed to read this, super cute look too :)

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs