8/26/12

roadtrippin'



Three out of four weekends I've packed up my little car (his name is Brian) and headed away from the city, the water, and the green for the other side of the mountains.


Rather than resent the hours I've accumulated in the car, I'm thankful for the time it's given me to be quiet as I drive the miles away from Seattle, from traffic, from responsibilities and toward dry, dusty and spacious.


This past weekend, it was just me, the radio and sometimes, not even that as I made the trek. It gave me time to about this one life I've been given, to be thankful, to pray and to reflect.

 Sometimes we just need time to do that.


happy monday-- hope it's a good start to your week!



xo, erika

p.s. to a dear friend who has read this blog from the beginning and continues to do so. thank you for inviting me to be a part of your day yesterday. i am honored to know you and am thankful for the many lessons you have taught me since I first met you as that little freshmen in college! you have taught me so much about faith and trust and sharing twins beds. love you. :)


5 comments

  1. I need to go on a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your photos are stunning! And looks like you and Brian had a blast :)

    I just did a road trip travel post on my blog today too, what a fun coincidence!

    -Megan
    meganesass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that just looks like the best thing ever!! My car's name is Maude :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love road trips! What great photos :) and I'm kinda jealous of alone time in the car. I used to take a lot of road trips alone in my single days ;)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs