7/17/12

that one time we golfed

The husband and I recently decided we needed to spend more quality time together. Quality time is definitely the husband's love language** and sometimes it doesn't matter what we're doing as long as we're together. I tend to get super busy/distracted (shop, blog, real job, etc) and so we've tried to be better at making time together a priority.

With that in mind we headed over to Greenlake Pitch n Putt-- a place that my husband frequents (it's right by his work) but I had never gone.

You see, I'm not a huge sports person. Me plus ball usually means disaster. I'm more of a running, wakeboarding, non-team sport kind of person... so golf is not usually high on my list of dream activities.

But turns out it's fun... even when you're remotely terrible like me. :)

Me >> hat/pants: Forever 21 // shirt/shoes: thrifted
Husband >> tee: Urban Outfitters // shorts: Gap // shoes: Nike 

Are you married/dating? Are you guys good at doing dates? I think it's even good to make standing dates with friends-- like Monday night Bachelorette parties with wine. :)

xo, erika


** love languages: If you've never heard of the 5 love languages, it's basically the theory that people show love in different ways-- gift giving, physical touch, etc, etc. My love language is acts of service-- so do my dishes and I'll feel loved. There's more stuff about it here. (oh and this isn't sponsored or anything-- I just think it's cool.) :)

9 comments

  1. way to step out of your comfort zone and do something different! I have only been to the driving range with my brother and that was like 8 years ago! I like this date idea and will have to keep it in mind sometime. We struggle with consistent dates, but try to make them happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! My boyfriend loves pitch and putt! What fun it would be to go on a double date once I get out there. :)

    Jessica
    OhSoAntsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack! I am a terrible golfer! My grandpa LOVES to golf and he was hoping I would the next Tiger Woods or something...sadly golfing is not my hidden talent. But it is fun! :) PS I love your casual outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely trying to keep up with going on dates with Izzy. It's important to date your partner. But sometimes it's so nice to just hang out on the couch and watch reality TV, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not good at golf either! Or at very many sports ha! At least your look cute though! I think my husband and I need to make more of an effort to have dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing these types of quizzes. Mine was "Quality Time" like your hubby's which is not surprising at all to me. Followed by "Acts of Service" - maybe you guys should adopt me? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I was DEFINITELY Acts of Service. I'll have to get my husband to do it later...

    Even dating in marriage is super important, and something my husband and I have never been good at.

    Christen
    www.anunordinaryhello.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're a very cute golfer! I am also acts of service, but a close tie with words of affirmation the older I get :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you two are soo cute!! i haven't gone golfing (well mini golfing) in soo long!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs