7/12/12

friday finds + favorites #7


It's FRIDAY! This time I'm going to start off by sharing one of my favorites from real life.

This week has been pretty exhausting, partially because I decided to volunteer at the four-day evening kids' camp at my church. I teach Sunday School for kindergarten and first-grade girls and when I signed up I expected it would be more of the same: coloring, pretty dresses and girly-fun stuff.

Except, they needed me to volunteer to lead 4th grade boys.

I could have said no, but I decided why not-- it could be fun, living a little bit out of my comfort zone.

And it was fun but it was also exhausting. First of all, nine-year-old boys are high-energy, high physical activity and high contact. (body slamming anyone?) Second of all-- there were nine of them. Third of all-- I was a girl. And their leader. eeeeew.

I think I managed pretty well winning them over. We did a lot of push-ups and talking tree-climbing and checking out awesome bruises (I showed them a blister on my foot) and we bonded.

But not gonna lie, I am really, really glad it's over. But I also hope, that somehow, I made an impact-- that they know how much they are loved by God and how much (despite my exhaustion) I enjoyed hanging out with them this week.

With that said-- here are some of my favorites on the web:


>> a cute post about fruit-inspired manicures by my new sponsor five-sixteenths

>> i adore the dreamy photography on this new-to-me blog deer circus

>>speaking of photography, I've been loving all the adobe photoshop elements tutorials out there like this one!

>> I'm trying to justify a purchase of these pants. in tomato red. love.

>> I found a cute seattle blogger! woo-to-the-hoo! (i feel like there are not a lot of us.)

what are you all loving from this week? link up & share! (just play nice & link back to me somewhere on your blog s'il vous plait!)

 

10 comments

  1. You're explaination of working with kids that age is spot on. I run a day camp to 50+ kids, mostly boys, ages 6 to 11. I have never been more exhausted in my life... but it is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those floral wedges are totally adorable! & so is the whole photo. :)

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids kind of scare me....good for you for sticking it out! I also included that tut from a beautiful mess in my post. And I have been doing it all the time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys are fun, but so different. 'Sounds like you knew how to speak their language.

    Funny, I was just thinking how it seems I run across a lot of bloggers from the Seattle area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for surviving those boys!!

    Happy Friday!
    Kara
    ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think it's funny that there aren't that many Seattle blogger.
    Happy happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love grapefruit! and was just thinking how my nail polish reminds me of it :) Way to hang in there with the 4th grade boys, you're a brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a very pretty post! Also, girl, there are so. many. Seattle bloggers!!! Promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, good job bonding with those boys, that would not have been easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. going to do one! but since today is Thursday, will do tomorrow instead ;D
    great blog! I am a new follower plus reader,nice to meet you^^

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs