7/3/12

diy: oil cloth table cover

I cannot claim any responsibility for this awesome diy from my mom. She found it somewhere and got in her head that my kitchen table needed this project asap.

And because she offered to pay for the oil cloth, I couldn't deny her.


Measure your table-- if it's round, measure the diameter and multply by two. Add a few inches to your measurement.

Tip for cutting out a circle: Find the center and measure out the length of half the diameter every few inches, making a mark at each point.

Cut the oil cloth out and place on the table.

Flip the table upside down and secure the oil cloth to the table using thumbtacks, or if your table is oak like mine, use upholstery tacks to secure the fabric to the table.

xo, erika



8 comments

  1. LOVELY! I have a desk I wanted to do this to but it doesn't have the lip all the way around...WOMP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Upholstery tacks! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun and cheerful! I think your mom had a brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! You lucky to have such a talented mom! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! You lucky to have such a talented mom! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to change up the colors and patterns on a table! Lovely!

    Caitlin
    http://charmcolorfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs