7/22/12

getaway (& photos)

this weekend the husband and I, along with two other friends, headed to Icicle Canyon outside Leavenworth for a camping trip.

For awhile I feel like I had been going, going, going and getting away to a place where there was no email, no internet access, distractions, stresses or even indoor plumbing was just what I needed.

Sometimes you need to get away so that you can face the world (and its pain) better when you return.

here's hoping you, too, get away sometimes-- to a place with or without indoor plumbing. :)

xo, erika

6 comments

  1. Looks like the perfect getaway weekend. It feels so good to unplug and get away from day-to-day life, doesn't it?! I feel like we cheated since it was only one night and they did have plumbing in the bathhouse and I used it. But I do hope to go for a real camping trip with friends later this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! I soo need a holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was a wonderful weekend Erika!! Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeous pics! Looks amazing!!


    raspberrykitsch.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh that looks like so much fun! I love to be outdoors! Great photos Erika! Hope you have a great week! New follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs