7/2/12

diy nail tape


You can buy nail tape but like most things, it can be diy-ed. I saw a tutorial for nail tape and decided to try it out myself. 


supplies: nail polish in two shades, top coat nail polish, clear tape, sharp scissors
step 1: paint your nails.
step 2: paint two coats of polish over a few tape strips, let dry
step 3: cut the tape into thin strips.
step 4: place the strips on your nails, press down and trim close to the nail
step 5: paint top coat over your  nails

 

xo, erika






8 comments

  1. Awesome! I usually just use the tape as the stencil but never thought of use painting it and keeping the tape on the nail! I will try this.

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way! love it!!!!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I'm going to have to try that out. xo JA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea, and it came out beautifully! Visiting from Mani Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Def trying! LOVE THE MINT!!!!


    hardinghappenings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I got a new minty nail polish today...love the idea of painting it onto the tape...very clever :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs