4/16/12

[how to] wear those colored pants, girl!

When I bought green pants, I hadn't worn bright pants since my leggings of the mid '90s. (Bright purple with matching lavender scrunchie socks, of course.)


So, feeling a little intimidated I paired them first with white. A plain white shirt. Anything else felt too intense. (especially for work.)

But I knew that if I was going to keep them, I needed to find more than one way to wear them so I could fully justify my purchase. (My number one rule for buying any piece of clothing is asking myself if can I wear it more than one way.)

And a few months later I'm happy to say I've decided that my green jeans are a wardrobe staple, and not as scary to style as I thought.




 blouse: F21  // tank: Old Navy //  Jeans: Urban Outfitters // flats: Target
(I feel like I match the grass in this photo)

 jean blouse: thrifted // jeans: Urban  // booties: Wanted
Rocking the denim-on-denim trend in a safe way. :)


 cardigan: Target  // tee: h&m  // jeans: you know...

striped tee: Gap  // denim jacket: ??
 this is my go to outfit-- stripes with colored denim.


Do you wear colored denim? How do you style them? My next challenge is to wear them with a bright color-- like coral or even pink!

xo, erika


19 comments

  1. stripes are my favorite...love them all though :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work! I totally agree that I consider what all I already own that I can wear with the item to be purchased. I have a green pair of chinos I've been wearing for years and love them...a little more work-appropriate for me. Can't wait to live out west again and wear denim any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just wore green paints (target skinnies) to work yesterday! i love them. i paired them with a bright yellow cardigan and beige target slip-ons. i looked very 'spring'....love your different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I could branch out into colored jeans, but now that I did I'm never going back! I have 3 pairs. One green, much like yours, a turquoise pair and I just added a mint pair to the bunch! I love to pair them with floral tops and I roll the jeans up to give them a cropped look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the ways you styled these pants!!
    And I agree with you, whenever I buy something I have to think of things I already have that I could pair it with ((or else, what is the point of buying something that you will a) never wear or b) if you want to wear it, you need to go out and buy things to match it with.)) :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to own any colored denim but I think I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so lovely, Erica! The first and last looks are my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looks! I love the colored denim that out right now.

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought mint green jeans! And im loving them! I paired them with a plain white tank!

    Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! You totally rock the colored denim. All of your looks are great. I especially love it with stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that last photo where you rocked the colored denim with stripes. my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stripes go so well with colored denim. Love it!
    www.glitterarygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVING those green pants. I saw some at Old Navy yesterday but they didnt have my size :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! I've been trying to figure out how to wear colored jeans different ways. These are great tips

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome post!The coloered jeans is so cute and special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this!!! That stripped shirt is one of my favorites for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute post!
    i wear my royal blue denims with a white off shoulder top. I'm gonna try them with my new coral tank top..and see if that works.

    please stop by my blog! :)
    http://thesmallesthappiestthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs