4/20/12

friday finds and favorites: canada edition

I only call this the Canada version because I'm going to Canada this weekend.

Vancouver, Canada. And I just like saying that I'm going to Canada this weekend because it's like-- whoa, a different country in a weekend?

Well, when it's only a 3 hour drive, why not?

I'm excited. I've never stayed in Vancouver, but I'm excited to eat sushi (because apparently they have tons of good sushi places), go to Granville Island's farmer market and walk around Stanley Park. But if any of you have ever been to Vancouver, I'm open for more suggestions!

But before we hit the road, I'm going to share a few of my favorite things from this week.


This post by Amy of A is for Ampersand about owning who you are and what your blog is. She always has the most encouraging posts. I swear she should be a blog motivational speaker.


A gorgeous resin bracelet from Rosella Resin on etsy -- I love how unique it is!

this reminder found here

A beautiful post on RevolutionizeHer reminding us of what we can accomplish!

Chantilly's EP -- I'd seen her around on blogland and decided to give her stuff a listen. So glad I did!

You know what is also my favorite this week? The library. Seriously. Best invention-- I mean books for free? I love it. 

Happy Friday!

xo, erika

p.s. another one of my favorite things is Photoshop for Bloggers! Be sure to go read my review & enter to win your own copy. :)

16 comments

  1. I've been to Vancouver, but it was only for about 22 hours so I don't have much to recommend. Our cruise departed from there on our honeymoon :) Have fun, it's a great city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have lots of fun in Canada-Land!! And I really love that print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must go to aritzia!!! it's a very cute clothing shop in vancouver!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to canada for the weekend, no wonder you are excited!

    Now i am going to go and check out some of these links--have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to visit Vancouver. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dittos on the library...doesn't get much better than free books :)

    And I love that resin bracelet, so unique!


    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Canada? That sounds fun!

    Thanks for sharing that post from Amy. So good!! Have a great time in Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the sweetest!!! Thank you so much for posting the own it post here. Here's to owning it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kadoya is a great sushi place (one on Denman St and one on Davie St). Small restaurant but excellent quality.

    The Vancouver Public Library is an awesome-looking building. It's close to Pacific Center mall if you are near there.

    Have a wonderful time and be sure to take some photos of the cherry blossoms :)

    www.glitterarygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay, i'm so glad you liked my music, erika!! thank you for the mention xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm from Vancouver!!!! I am so excited you are visiting. I am living in Auckland, New Zealand right now and did a two month trip through Europe earlier this year to all the big capital cities through western and eastern Europe.. and guess what? Vancouver is still my favorite!!! It's awesome. Go to Robson Sushi, it's not far from the main downtown Granville street area and it has the bestttttttt sushi for its price. Go for all you can eat for dinner. It's like $15 bucks and you can get anything your little heart desires on their huge all you can eat menu. If you are hitting up Stanley park, definitely rent a bike and bike around the seawall. It's really pretty and there's bike rentals everywhere near/in Stanley Park. Or rent rollerblades! That's fun too. On Granville street there is a bar called The Factory, it's really chilled out and just a good place if you are into going out for a couple beers. ALSO (yeah I know, I'm full of opinions here haha) - a couple of really awesome vintage shops downtown if you like that kind of shopping. There are a couple on Robson and Granville beside all of the kebab shops (the kebab shops are so gooood! There's one called...Aladdin's I think? It's really yum. BUT, vintage shops. There's a couple there, and there's one quite good one on Cordova and Cambie street which is a little closer to waterfront, that's really awesome too.

    Really, really hope you enjoy yourself, I love the city!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ironically I am from Vancouver but spent the weekend in Seattle - glad to know I've left my city safely in the hands of a fellow blogger :) hope it was/is a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ironically I am from Vancouver but spent the weekend in Seattle - glad to know I've left my city safely in the hands of a fellow blogger :) hope it was/is a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, of course I LOVE this post! Hope you had a wonderful weekend in my country! Haha. I say that, but I've never even been to BC! I hope to go one day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just look this beautiful handmade bracelet-do

    resin bracelets

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs