8/6/13

august: read, currently reading, to-read

So I've said this before, but I love to read.

I like to joke that one of my favorite things is reading and eating at the same time-- the husband calls it "reating." (I know, he's a clever one.)

I shared few reads in May and I thought it was high time for me to share some books again.

 

>> The Last Camelia Really easy-to-read, intriguing book about -- get this -- flower thieves. It takes place in England and goes back between the 1940s and present day. I enjoyed it quite a bit. 

>> A Beautiful Offering Heather suggested this book to me, and one chapter in, I am really enjoying it.

>> Whistling Through the Graveyard About a sassy nine-year-old running away and experiencing some big life-changing things in 1963 Mississippi. I'm almost done with it and liked it a lot.

>> 7 I've been wanting to read this book by Jen Hatmaker for quite some time about getting rid of excess in life. I finally got a copy from the library and will start it soon!

>> The Fault In Our Stars I think this is going to be a movie or something but I feel like it's one of those books that's just been everywhere. I'm number, like billion, on the library wait list, so I gave in and bought it. (Just $3.99 on Kindle!)

>> Bread & Wine I love food. I love wine. I love Shauna Niequist books. What could be better than all three in one package?

What are you reading right now? Do you like hearing what I'm currently diving into-- I think it might be fun to share these a little more often. :)

xo, erika

13 comments

  1. Ooh these look like really good books. I've read the John Green one but am very tempted by The Last Camelia, just my kind of genre I think! Brilliant post and beautiful blog :)

    LT x
    http://a-woman-ofsubstance.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read 'the fault in our stars' from start to finish on a plane ride to jamaica (just 4 hours), it was that good!

    i just read 'the light between oceans', and loved that too. i'm on the hunt for a new book so i'll have to check these out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm addicted to Angela Carling's books. And after that I'm not sure what I plan to read....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i noticed that bread & wine book on a friend's coffee table the other day & was intrigued. just added to my amazon wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your book recommendations! I'm always trying to find the next good book to read and I never know where to look. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love sarah jio but i haven't read that one yet! 7 is really good....thought provoking. i read it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished 7. SO SO good!! I'm so inspired and ready to put some of the motivation into action. Would love to hear what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working on an AJ Jacobs book, "My Year of Living Biblically." Loving it. It's both hilarious and poignant, an excellent mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only one of those I've read is The Fault In Our Stars and it's absolutely amazing! I loved it and couldn't put it down. After I read it I did find out that they are going to make a movie, so I'm pretty excited to see what they come up with!

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah brilliant! Always really interesting to have book recommendations, really great way of finding wonders that you'd never think to choose. Nice to hear so many opinions on them too!! Some to put on the 'to read' list.

    Looking forward to future book related posts.

    Gemma
    fadedwindmills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked The Fault in Our Stars. I read it all in a day and found myself laughing out loud and crying big tears.

    I've got Bread and Wine and 7 on my to read list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved The Fault in Our Stars. I was originally so anti reading that book because my sisters kept recommending it and I didn't want to read a juvenile book. I'm glad I caved because it really is such a beautiful story.
    I have had 7 recommended to me by a couple of people and I think I'll add it to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard AMAZING things about 7. Going to start that after I finish "Bittersweet" by Shauna Niequist! (I highly recommend that book, too :) So excited to have found your blog! Excited to follow.

    fakeglassesinabookstore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs