8/20/13

transitional style: part two


I'm not ready for fall. I love Seattle summers, and to be honest I don't feel like I have been able to enjoy mine enough! So when I was invited to style something for a transitional outfit for Wallis Fashion -- something that could be worn in summer and fall -- I wasn't too excited for the fall part.

But lucky me, Seattle weather cooperated for a day, and I actually was forced to putting together a fall outfit, even despite my best intentions of holding onto summer.

Don't get me wrong, I do love fall. As a kid, I was the one who couldn't wait for school to start up again. I love new school supplies, crunchy leaves and layering tights with knits and chunky sweaters. And hats. We can't forget wool-felt hats and autumn shades of navy, maroon and olive green.

So maybe I am just a little excited for fall-- but excited in a wait-for-two-months time. For now, after this brief break for a fall outfit, it's back to summer.

How about you? Excited for fall, or grasping the last straws of summer?

xo, erika

wear:
blouse: c/o wallis
jeans/hat: thrifted
boots: nordstrom (it was hard to decide between those & these ones during the anniversary sale)

p.s. If you have a moment, I would love your vote in the contest I entered this look in! Just head over here. please and thank you :)


Fashion & Faith

top: target
skirt: macys
heels: c/ o sole society
live bracelet: c/ o
triangles bracelet: c/ o cents of style
pave bracelt: c/ o oia jules
taupe tote: mango
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. you look SO CUTE in this. very, very you, and very seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way! I seriously can't believe fall is coming - I'm not ready for it! I work on a college campus, and all of the students just came back and it's too much! Can we figure out a way to go back to June??

    Love the blouse - it will definitely be great for fall, once we're ready for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice casual outfit :) That shirt is lovely with jeans!


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm completely in love with your outfit. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs