8/20/13

last minute skirts



Sometimes I'm a last-minute person and in the moments before I'm supposed to have Thai food with some dear friends, I whip up a pencil skirt out of that knit fabric I bought months ago.

And then I wonder why I am constantly running late.

I think it's because I do things like this-- try to fit things into the margin of my day. Twenty minutes before I need to be somewhere? Sure, I'll fit in laundry or a blog post or some gardening or a knit skirt diy. It's a sickness, people, really a sickness, and I'm sure my friends and family are tired of it causing me to run late everywhere.

But back to the skirt-- I have been meaning to make this for months, so when the perfect hour of free time presented itself, I decided it was going to happen. And I'm pretty pleased with my rushed results.

Would you guys be interested in a diy?

xo, erika

wear: 
shirt: c/o skip n' whistle (fun & super soft tees & sweatshirts-- i bought this one for my sister-in-law)
skirt: self-made (woo!)
shoes: shoedazzle
sunglasses: target

 





7 comments

  1. Oh man, I want one! I love pencil skirts. You should giveaway a custom one w/ the winner's measurements. Or a DIY, either/or :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, make me a skirt, that is CUTE! I need more skirts in my life, I'm usually more of a dress girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving skirts lately! and I'm so impressed you made it so quickly! I try to fit lots of things into bits of time, which often makes me late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I'm always trying to fit things into tiny time slots! I'm often late to gatherings/reservations because of this! Whoops!! I really need this tee: https://www.etsy.com/listing/126235296/sorry-im-late-women-new-color?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=sorry+i%27m+late&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=sorry+i haha! :)
    I LOVE this skirt you made, that fabric is so pretty + the way you styled it is perfect!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I would love a DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made this? Holy wow - I'm so impressed! It looks fantastic, and I'm quite jealous of your sewing abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is literally the cutest outfit. i love how casual but also fun it is. and um.. can you make me a skirt? i'll pay you! or take you out to coffee!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs