8/4/13

watermelon mint feta salad


Usually watermelon doesn't need anything-- it's perfect on its own in thick slices, eaten outside where it doesn't matter if the juice is running down your chin.



The husband doesn't really like watermelon, (I know, he's crazy), so usually when I buy it, I'm left to eat the melon all on my own, (which I can do, let's be honest), but having so much watermelon on hand has also made me think about what else I could do with it.



And it turns out watermelon is also perfect in a simply salad topped with mint, tangy feta and a lemony vinaigrette.




watermelon, mint and feta salad
2 cups sliced watermelon
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2 cups mixed greens
handful of fresh mint leaves


dressing:
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 tsp olive oil


Combine salad ingredients, toss with dressing. Enjoy!





4 comments

  1. This looks so yummy! perfect for summer :) I haven't had watermelon in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so doing this! I'm always on the lookout for new creative, and oh so easy salad recipes. I'm excited about this one! perfect for august & the giant watermelon taking up space in my fridge..
    xo!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs