8/5/13

garden party dress


Someday I'll host a garden party. And I'll wear this dress.


I say someday because right now our yard isn't really fit for any sort of party. Or rather, the house, isn't in any state for a party.


We're currently repainting the exterior of our home, and can I just say that scraping paint off a house is literally the top of the list of worst chores ever? I mean, I thought I disliked folding laundry, or weeding, but really scraping paint is pretty dang terrible.


So I'm distracting myself by repeating over and over again in my head how much money we're saving by scraping and repainting our home on our own (read-- not hiring any professionals). I'm also distracting myself by wearing pretty garden-party ready dresses because it's easy to pretend your home is all put-together when you're wearing a dress covered with happy blooms. Coping mechanism, people.


Another coping mechanism? My mother-in-law's homemade French silk chocolate cake. Even a day of scraping is glorious after eating that.

xo, erika

wear: 
dress: dorothy perkins (I bought mine in London, but they ship to the U.S. and their dresses are adorable & pretty decently priced-- love this this one is adorable! and this one!)
shoes: Seychelles (old) similar



12 comments

  1. Yes, you are saving so much money by painting yourselves! You can do it! Scraping sucks for sure...we bad to scrape all the peeling trim paint off our house before we could buy it (foreclosure) and it was terrible! Chocolate cake sounds like the perfect distraction as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ih! Scraping paint sounds terrible!! I thought re-painting all the rooms in our house was a hard job!! (My shoulder hurts for weeks after I paint a room and the garage is the next room on our list!)
    But I love this dress + the idea of a garden party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress and the back is gorgeous! Visiting from the link up!
    http://janelleinreallife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute! Can I come to the garden party? I promise to wear a cute floral as well! K- lemme know! :P

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh scraping paint is NOT FUN AT ALL. I'd be fantasizing about a garden party too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dress! Love the back of it :) And oh no, that sounds like a lot of work. Definitely not fun, but worth saving the money right?

    Ps. I adore your bangs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you'd like to verify what fashion is match together with your wedding dress, just click on the site which buys wedding footwear. You may buy effortlessly and with out ready really extended, your wedding footwear might be in your hand. Attempt it on and find out how it really is in your foot. Otherwise comfy adequate, it is possible to return and modify it together with the 1 that is certainly far more comfy.http://www.wegodress.com/sleeveless-aline-long-sweetheart-empire-ruched-prom-dress-pd-2128.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is gorgeous! Definitely perfect for a garden party (even though I've never been to one ha!).

    And I'm totally with out on exterior projects. My husband I just finished repainting all the trim and it was terrible. I don't mind painting inside, but something about being out in the heat makes it just awful.

    I'm so glad I found your blog - I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous dress, lady.

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking awesome dear...you can also try some designer Indian wear it will suits on you!!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs