8/8/13

10 facts


I decided because it's Friday, I would share 10 random facts about me, just because it's Friday and perhaps, for some of you, these things are news to you.

10. My first plane ride was at age 14. Prior to that, my family road-tripped every year to California to visit family (from Washington state.)

9. My brother threw up during my wedding vows.

8. I am not afraid of spiders or any sort of bugs but I am pretty terrified of snakes and monkeys.

7. I can't sleep on a rumpled or wrinkled sheets; I remake the bed -- i.e. retuck the sheets -- nearly every night before I get in.

6. I am a voracious reader. My mom says I don't read books, I consume them.

5. I love black licorice and really don't like red licorice -- at all.

4. My dad is nearly 6'7. I'm 5'4.

3. I broke my arm in fifth grade when I accepted a piggyback ride from a friend-- who was on roller blades.

2. My go-to karaoke song (yes I have one) is "Good-bye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks.

1. I talk in my sleep occasionally. This past week I told my husband that he was a party. When he asked me if I was a party, I told him "Nope."


My question for you, what are some random things about you? And... are you a party? Chances are, I'd probably tell you yes.

xo, erika

wear:
button-down: thrifted similar or similar
skirt: Old Navy
shoes: Keds similar

8 comments

  1. I love the song goodbye earl and I can't believe your brother threw up during your wedding vows...I bet that was a surprise! I hope you have a happy weekend!
    xxoo,
    Jordyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny that you called your husband a party in your sleep. he must have fun listening to you, although I am sure it isn't fun if you end up waking him up.

    That is so interesting that you aren't taller as your dad is. How tall is your mom? I had an uncle who was the same height as your dad, and all his children are 5'7" and taller and their mom is probably 5'6".

    That sounded like a fun way to break an arm, though sad it happened!

    You poor thing to have a memory of your brother throwing up while saying your vows. aw. Poor guy too.

    I think my husband would call me a party. He likes attending to me. O.o

    Random fact about me: I had my 13th birthday party at a pool that I had lessons at and swam in constantly. No one spoke to me at my party, so I just swam laps the whole time. I guess their parents made them come.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the other day I was wondering how tall you are (don't ask). I'm 5'7"

    I didn't sleep talk until I had Maggie. And now I wake up (or maybe I'm in a state of half awakeness more often) talking, mumbling really. I also dreamt about cloth diapers all night the other night and know it was all night because each time M had to eat I woke up from a dream about them...

    And one more fact: I never ever skip breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate sleeping on rumpled sheets too! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I will remake the bed before we're allowed in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually laughing out loud about the rollerblading piggyback ride. Probably wasn't funny but it's an awesome mental picture.

    A fact about me? I have a favorite chair in our living room, and if anyone else sits there I make them move, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, you're not a party? Joel talks in his sleep sometimes and it cracks me up. Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool list! Love your plaid shirt with skinny belt...reminds me of my mom's outfits when I was growing up...so retro and cool!
    xo
    Andrea
    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't sleep in rumpled sheets either, and I think I was ours twice a week. :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs