8/25/13

simple




I love being creative with my outfits -- layering things together that I haven't before -- trying different color combinations or just making something old and forgotten on a lonely hanger feel new.

But then there are days when I just need to wear something simple. I want to wear something brainless that I know will work and be comfortable. Those are the days I reach for a few of my favorite items-- comfort pieces:


This denim top-- which I thrifted about a year ago and have more than got my $4 worth.


This floral red scarf -- something I bought in Paris four years ago in some small market stall

My favorite pair of wedges (another thrifted find).

Add in a great pair of skinny jeans and I feel like I just can't go wrong.

What are the things in your closet you always grab?

xo, erika








4 comments

  1. I'm def a tees and jeans gal...but i really like to dress things up with scarves...thats usually about as fancy as i get :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, this simple outfit would be dressing up! I normally wear one layer, shirt and pants. I can't stand wearing a lot, as I overheat very, very easily. I have fallen in love with an open cardigan, or hoodie, for this reason: easy to take on and off! I've fallen in love with wearing scarves as belts, or sometimes in my hair, and rarely around my neck but it's becoming a favorite too. Jewelry, always. I often stay in sneakers, as most boots are too small for me (I'm a size 10/11 in boots and most shoes), but I want to get a few comfortable and stylish pairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it's simple you still look cute and put together. Love your scarf! And I am CRAZY jealous that you can get away with jeans and long sleeves right now... our weather is too hot for anything but swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs