8/28/13

cut-off shorts & gratitude


Lately I feel like I'm running on some crazy adrenaline. I should be tired, but I'm not. And for that reason I am ever so grateful.

I feel grateful for so many things right now. I am so grateful to feel like I have found so much support in my little handmade endeavor from my friends and family. For the first time, I'm being just a little bit more open about this space here and my shop here, and the feedback I'm getting is encouraging to say the least. I feel, for the first time, that I'm being honest with people-- telling them that this is who I am: a blogger, a handmade shop owner, a messy-creative lady trying to figure out a balance to it all. It feels good.

I am also grateful for literally the best summer weather ever. Seattle has just been so dang sunny and warm and when it rained the other day, I was actually confused. Like, what is this? How do I dress for this? Where is my raincoat? Can I still wear shorts-- is that allowed?

I'm not sure if shorts are really allowed when it's raining, but I'm going to try and rock them for as long as I can. Especially this pair-- thrifted and cut-off-- is there anything better?

wear:
glasses: c/o warby parker 
top: old navy (similar or similar)
cardigan: target (similar)
shorts/wedges: thrifted
bag: rouge + whimsy

oh hey-- vote for me?

 Martha Stewart - American Made 2013 - Nominee Badge

5 comments

  1. Um, could you possibly send that weather my way? I can't deal with the 90s anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those glasses. I'm so happy for you! Embracing those things about yourself is so important. And I will totally vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute shorts!! i need to thrift some more jeans so i can turn them into shorts!! i only have two pairs of jean shorts!! eeep!! i love this outfit!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great feeling, finding more of yourself and feeling ok with sharing to the world. oh & not much is better than thrift-ed cutoffs...although your entire outfit is rather awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you aren't freezing, you can wear shorts in the rain! Yesterday we were at the beach at the beginning of a storm and I was chilly!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs