8/12/13

transitional style


If there's anything I like, it's clothing items that can work multiple ways. I love seeing people remix outfits  (Delightfully Tacky does a great job sharing them) and I've been thinking a lot about trying the 30 x 30 project-- where you pick 30 clothing items for a month.

But even 30 is a lot. I'm currently reading 7 by Jen Hatmaker, and I'm in a part of the book where she talks about her month of wearing just 7 items of clothing for a month, which she does, sharing her thoughts with amazing hilarity and candor.

Now I'm thinking a lot about what in my closet can be worn over and over. Take this sheer top for instance. This week, while it's 80 degrees in Seattle, it's perfect paired with shorts. In September, it'll layer well with jeans. The shorts? Not as versatile, but they were on sale and the husband really likes them.

I'm entering a contest hosted by Wallis to share transitional style-- two outfits from one item. You can vote for me, pretty please, here!

Happy Tuesday!

xo, erika

wear: 
top: c/o wallis
shorts: target
shoes: shoemint







11 comments

  1. I am terrible about mixing and matching and wearing the same item differently... it's something that I absolutely need to work on. I tend to buy things in outfits and then I don't want to change those outfits up!

    P.S. Your hair is CUTE in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of long sleeve with shorts!! Very unexpected but oh-so lovely!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. Olive green is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, I need to mix things up more...

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wear shorts and heels so well. It's a look I find so adorable, but I always feel a lil like a hooker when I try it. How do you do this????

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab outfit!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable & so FAB.....good luck!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs