8/27/13

blackberry homemade rollups


Do you remember fruit rollups?


Can we just talk about them for a bit in all of their amazing, processed, crazy dye magic?


Growing up my parents didn't usually buy fruit rollups-- it was a special camping or vacation treat-- or something I eagerly ate a friends' house. Maybe it was the fact that we didn't have them, that I loved them so much.

The husband on the other hand did not like fruit rollups. We honestly had a discussion because he never wanted gushers or fruit roll ups and so when I made these, he wasn't a fan.

But I ate them all. In about a day.

blackberry fruit rollups (altered from here)

ingredients:
3 cups fruit (in my case blackberries)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (more or less depending on sweetness level of fruit)
pinch of mint leaves


 

preheat the oven to 150 degrees 
blend all the ingredients until smooth

line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper (not wax paper)
spread the blackberry thickly and evenly all over the pan-- about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. 
Try to keep it as even as possible throughout, otherwise you'll get crispy edges.  

bake for 4 to 6 hours, until it's no longer wet to the touch, but still slightly tacky. Once you remove it from the oven, it will harden more. 

 
 

xo, erika






5 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try to make these! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um--yum! I'm such a sucker for fruit roll ups :) Never realized they were that easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness, i want to make these! they look so good and so much better than the storebought stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh... i could do this! i'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs