7/1/13

honest


Just to be honest with you, I plan out my outfits each night for the next day.

I've tried really, really hard to be a morning person. Really, I've tried. And I'm just not my best self in the a.m. so making any decision besides how long I brush each side of my mouth is pointless.

So I plan my outfits. When I planned this outfit, I told myself that I needed to get up early enough to wash my hair, because if I wore it up, said outfit would look librarian-esque.


Guess who did not get up early enough to wash her hair?


Yep.

But looking at these photos, I am pleased. The blazer and bun didn't look as librarian-like as I thought.


(In case you're wondering, I also not only plan my outfits, but I also make my lunch, put my purse by the door and pack my gym bag. I'm not taking any chances in the a.m.)


xo, erika

wear:
blazer: Forever21 similar
necklace: c/o LilyEmme jewelry
tee: Target
skirt: thrifted
shoes: Nordstrom rack
clutch: rouge + whimsy


linking up to style elixir, pleated poppy, fashion + faith



11 comments

  1. Who doesn't like a little librarian every now and then? Plus, that skirt is too flowy to be librarian! :)

    And, our routines are similar. Related much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! I leave before my husband wakes up, so I get everything together the night before--partly so I don't disturb him, partly so I can sleep an extra ten or fifteen minutes later. :)

    This outfit is super cute, by the way! I haven't tried a blazer, but I'm sure if I found the right one I'd wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's librarian like at all! I love the red with black and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! i'd wear this to work for sure
    kw, Ladies in Navy

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the longest time I would pick out my outfits the day before...but then I realized I'm much more creative with my outfits when I can throw them together in a rush!

    I do however, pick out my daughter's outfits the night before...she is definitely not a morning person!

    Sometimes, it's just good to be prepared!

    I love this look by the way, very classy yet simple and put together.

    hellolovegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. talk about prepared! maybe i would wear more stylish outfits if i did this too.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, I'm the same way! If I don't know what I'm going to wear the following morning, I cannot for the life of me fall asleep. I'm just too worried about if I'll put together a decent enough outfit in my half asleep state. Love this outfit, you look like a doll!

    www.thewhimsicaldays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oddly I am the opposite. I would rather wake up early than have to plan stuff the night before. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you! Except I always say, "Meh, I'll do it in the morning." And of course I never do...

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the same! And I wear the same thing every day (yoga pants or running shorts and a t-shirt). I like to lay everything out so that I don't have to think about it when I wake up :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I plan out my outfits the night before too! I love this look - You look gorgeous!!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs