7/30/13

mango coconut popsicles


This post alternatively could be called "what I ate three of in the span of an hour."

Seriously that good.



I got on the popsicle train fairly recently-- I tried last year with popsicle molds from the dollar store -- but this year I decided to go legit and bought this set by Tovolo. With Amazon Prime, (which I don't even recall signing up for but is awesome), it was on my doorstep the next day.

I made mojito popsicles, but I've decided that these mango-coconut versions are much, much better (and easier)!


Ingredients:
1 mango
1 can of coconut milk
2 tsp of sugar, divided or 3 tbs of honey
1/8 cup of water

I cut and diced one ripe mango and blended it with a bit of water and 1 tsp of sugar. Then I added just 1/4 cup of coconut milk and continued to blend until smooth. This I poured into the molds.

I blended the remaining coconut milk with the rest of the sugar and topped the popsicle molds with the milk. (I had quite a bit of milk left over.)

While this provided for a pretty, swirly popsicle, I think from now on I'll just blend 1/2 cup of coconut milk with the mango and do a solid popsicle. The coconut part of the popsicle was bland compared to the mango and didn't quite have the amazing, creaming consistency that the mango did.

But it really didn't matter as I did still eat three in an evening. 

Next up, pina colada popsicles! 

xo, erika

a few announcements:
one: you can still go enter this $30 giveaway to the beautiful & beloved shop! two: each first friday of the month, Beth of The Goad Abode and I have a monthly wrap-up link-up called the list. Link up your recap of the month + your goals for the next! 





6 comments

  1. DELISH!!! Its' been so hot and humid with the storms developing near Hawaii - I need to try out this popsicle recipe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh these look and sound uh Mazing!

    I'm going to have to pin it and make it soon.

    Thank you for posting such a delicious treat!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuuuuum. I love mango and coconut. Your recipes are always so delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would devour these so quickly my poor husband wouldn't get any! mango and coconut together is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, amazing!!! Definitely want to try these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! And so easy too!

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs