7/2/13

somedays you gotta get away


I love where I live. I really do feel blessed in many parts of my life.

But some days the hum of the city, the traffic snaking endlessly through the streets, the long days get to me.

And something in me stirs and I want to escape -- to unplug the laptop, let the battery on my phone run down and just drive until cell service can't reach me.

Tomorrow I leave for the coast -- three hours to the peninsula, gray Pacific ocean -- salty and cold -- brisk breezes and a cabin more shack than chalet.

We'll cook pancakes over a fire as tall as me, go raking for clams, and eat crab with too much butter.

And I can't wait.

Also, I've worn lime green twice this week. My new favorite color, apparently?

xo, erika

wear:
top // necklace: nordstrom rack
pants: c/o style lately
shoes: shoedazzle 

p.s. Don't forget to link up your blog post wrapping up June & sharing your goals for July this Friday with Beth and I!

13 comments

  1. I'm jealous of everyone that's going away this weekend. Have fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great getaway-- you deserve it! The coast sounds heavenly (especially with the heat you've had). God only knows what I'll be doing this weekend....waiting, waiting, waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pants! have a great time on the coast/peninsula! it's gorgeous out there
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look GREAT in this outfit!! it makes you look so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit so much!! You look adorable :) Have a fun fun relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those pants are AMAZING!! Your a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those pants, I just got some similar ones when I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago! Pants twins!!!

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds nice to get away for a bit - have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love getting away and unplugging. those pants look so awesome on you! have a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a great holiday weekend away! Also, love love love the pants! xo JA

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, that sounds amazing! enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds absolutely amazing. I would love to get away from everything for a while...

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs