7/24/13

weekend post on wednesday



Typically I would share about my weekend on Monday. Maybe a Tuesday. But I decided to infuse some weekend into the middle of the week. Every day needs a little more weekend.

I've been working a lot on Renegade. I've mentioned that a lot -- or at least it feels like I mention it a lot on here -- but honestly, it's my life right now. This weekend, however, I decided I needed a short break so the husband and I headed up to Whidbey Island.

My mom redoes homes for a living. She buys nearly-condemned homes and refreshes them, updates the layout, the appliances, literally breathing new life into a home that no one else would live in. So when she said she was buying a little cabin-type house on Whidbey Island, I thought nothing of it. But this time around, she and my dad decided to keep the house, rather than sell it.





It's not beachront, but perches on a bluff and a trail leads down to the beach below. The house is modest and a bit outdated, but to me, it's perfect. It's another escape-- a place to breathe.


We just spent Sunday up there, but it was enough to get a little recharge before I hit the ground running Monday. I'm almost all prepared and the show is this weekend. As I continue to prepare everything, I'm holding onto the peace I felt this past Sunday to get me through the remainder of this week.




xo, erika

linking up to blair for life lately

9 comments

  1. Good luck this weekend!!!! I hope you sel, sell, sell! Lovely pictures -especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am mad jealous that she kept that place and you got to go play there. Izzy and I have been talking A LOT about buying a little cabin somewhere for weekend getaways. May be a long off dream but maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful little getaway!!
    I hope you do amazing at Renegade!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wishing the best for you this weekend and sending calming thoughts your way! Good luck and remember to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these! what a beautiful place :) i bet you're glad they kept one this time, what a sweet and relaxing escape. glad you enjoyed the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The views from the bluff are beautiful! We go to Whidbey frequently and it's such a great place to relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! And I love a little bit of the weekend infused into Wednesday! The corgi's running in the sunset is the sweetest thing! Gotta love those funny corgi butts! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MAN I LOVE IT. Find any agates?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, how amazing to have a place to escape to there! Have I told you my aunt and uncle live on Whitby Island?! I have never been but will be going with my family a few days after we move to Portland :D I've heard amazing things about it, so I'm pretty excited to see it finally! I'm sure it won't be too long before we check out Seattle :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs