7/17/13

where i'm going

  

The other night I got lost in an internet black hole. But rather that someone else's blog or website, I started clicking through my blog and reading back words that I written a few months ago, a year ago, two years ago.

And I was struck by how much this little blog of mine has changed. How much I have changed.

I was at a wedding this past Saturday nigh and the maid of honor gave a beautiful speech -- one that is still in my mind -- the words rolling around in my head at moments.

She read from a book, which I can't remember unfortunately, and talked about how we at one age are all of our ages. At age 10, we're age 9, 8, 7 and so on. At age 30, we can still feel moments of age 15 or age 3. She spoke to the bride and groom, saying that she could see their future 80-year-old-selves and how at the moment they would remember this moment, the moment of their wedding, when they were 26 and 27.

I look myself this way-- that there are moments of me being 5 and age 8, and sometimes I see glimpses of the future-- where I'm 50 or 74. All of these seperate moments join to create me, someone who is always changing and as I write this blog, the blog is changing too.

I started blogging when I was first married at a space that no longer exists anymore. And somehow it transferred over year and I started posting outfits, and less DIYs and more and recipes because apparently I'm a little bit of a foodie. And I never mentioned exercise, but now I can't imagine my life without running. Once upon a time there was the blog and a little shop and now the shop feels big and the blog feels little.

And I'm not sure where I'm going with this blog anymore than I can guess who I'll be next year or the year after. I know that there will still be bits of my blog past in the future blog. There may be more running or less running and maybe more recipes or less fashion posts but who's to say.

I'm just thankful for those of you who are here and reading and listening to my rambles. You're all pretty special to me.

xo, erika

wear:
hat: thrifted (i like this one, though) 
tank: anthropologie (forevers ago) similar
jeans: urban outfitters
flats: target (on clearance!)

8 comments

  1. I have these moments every now and again too. It's funny to think about where you came from, and even if you have a purpose in mind of where you will be in the future, you just never know if that will be how things work out. It usually is a good reminder for me that an ever changing and evolving life is a good thing and that I should enjoy the moment that I'm experiencing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog today and realized that my post from this morning sounds so similar! May God continue to guide us and mold us into the people He wants us to be. And that story from the wedding made me tear up :)

    Here's my post:http://www.mywalkwitheden.com/2013/07/five-years-of-blogging-what-i-know-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That speech is really thoughtful... it has me thinking for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this. wish i knew what book she read that from. i think i'm gonna try to google it. ;) love your outfit too, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great thing to say in a speech, it's soo true!!! my blog has definitely changed fron the beginning toO~!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think my favorite part is NOT knowing where it's going... it's a beautiful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! It has to be funny reading the stuff you've written time ago, that you can't even remember, and realize that you would say it in a different way now.

    The hat is very cute!

    Have a great day! Namasté,

    http://www.namastetime.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs