12/27/12

resolutions


I'm not big on resolutions and horribly it's because I don't expect myself to follow through with them. I expect failure... so I think, why bother?

But I recognize that it's a good thing to set goals for yourself-- good, somewhat reachable goals-- to move toward.

Here's my attempt. (And yes, I'd like to be kept accountable.)

--> take more time for me. This past few months have been nuts and I feel like I've been hanging on by a thread. I've been too busy to keep my house clean, too busy to feel like I've been a good friend, too busy to sleep.

--> work on my house. I need to paint the bathroom (finish what I've started at least), clean and figure out the basement, and do a better job with our yard.

--> be more bold about my faith.

--> find time to be quiet. times of silence, no phone, no computer, nothing.

--> plan my shop better. this means sewing items to sell, rather than making to order, figuring out a solid business plan and sticking to it.

so that's my list. we'll see how it goes! do you have any resolutions?


xo, erika



7 comments

  1. Those are some good resolutions! Especially the more me-time and the quiet time one, those are things I need as well! All the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year, I've decided to make resolutions at the beginning of every month instead of large, un-trackable goals that make me feel the pressure throughout the entire year. I always find that I give up on resolutions way too quickly, so I'm hoping that setting new things to accomplish every month of the year will keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant resolutions my dear! I wish you luck on each and every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your resolutions. One of mine is I figure out a solid business plan as well. Making things to order turned out to be quite stressful! Especially during Christmas!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge resolution person but my goal for the new year is find a new job that has something to do with the fancy degree I earned. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that print by inspireuart & your resolutions. Have a happy New Year!

    -Arianna xoxo
    lavenderandpink.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also like to grow more in my faith....

    I hate the word "resolution", but I DID create a vision board. I included a bunch of photos of things that I want to accomplish in 2013. I believe that if you can visually see your goals on a daily basis, you will have a better chance of actually accomplishing them. I don't know if you have ever read "The Secret" but it's sort the same concept.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    jin

    jinfitness.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs