12/11/12

christmas pinecone wreath


I've had plans on making a pinecone wreath for months. In fact my planning went back as far as October, when I collected a backpack full of pinecones during a walk with my dog. 

But it was only two weeks ago that I was able to finally get around to making the wreath and of course, it's just now that I'm finally sharing it with you. Such is life right now.

I was lucky enough to have all my supplies on hand (or in my yard), but I'm sure you can find pinecones at craft supply store too. 


 I cut out a circle of cardboard (forget buying a wreath form).


Spray painted my load of cones


And glued them with my handy gluegun around my cardboard "wreath." I ended up layering cones on top of each other to cover any empty spaces.


I added a few red berries and ribbon for a festive touch and hung it up. Although the wreath is only backed by cardboard, it's held up really well.


I think my favorite thing about this wreath that I can leave it up all winter. :)

xo, erika

7 comments

  1. I love it! I tried to make a pinecone wreath last year, but it was a disaster ;) I love yours, especially with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that it's good for all winter too :) I never want to make Christmas wreaths because it's all that work for such a short time. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pine cones. So very pretty and wintery :)

    I want to create something with pine cones but we don't have any around where we are except really large ones {which I guess could work some way or another!}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog (via another blog!) and this is amazing. I'll definitely give this one a try next year.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs