12/24/12

o holy night

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Savior's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine! 
 This season I have been weary.  

 I have felt busy-- as someone once put it-- "rushing from circus to circus"-- and to be honest, I'm a little weary of a world that is so broken

Finally in the past few days, as I've had a few moments to myself, I've been able to quietly rejoice in Christmas. Seeing family and friends, finding joy in wrapping presents and eating cookies, and dwelling on the enormity of a God who came to our very dirty, mundane and messed-up world. I am thankful that even as I am weary, He is not. 

My prayer this Christmas, is that if you're weary, you may find rest. Seek time away from the computer, enjoy family and friends, eat more cookies and drink more cocoa and find time to enjoy promises of the holiday.
 
Merry Christmas friends! 

 xo, erika 

 


5 comments

  1. I hope you have a very merry Christmas and you find time to REST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! This is my first Christmas away from my huge family and it's feeling odd. I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I absolutely adore that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas. That's one of my favorite Christmas songs and always helps me to really think about the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. merry christmas to you too! here's to some rest and time to rejuvenate your spirit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully put, Erika. Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs