12/13/12

friday finds & favorites #14

happy friday! I have been staying up wayyy too late sewing orders to get out before Christmas. If you ordered something, don't fret! The last shipments are going out Saturday a.m.

things I loved this week:

>> these new necklaces from pretties by meg. I had to give in and bought one. :)

>> this sweet, sweet love story 

>> this revamped sweater diy by sincerely kinsey


>> this book of awesome idea from leonora of yellow heart art

and from real life:
to be honest, it's been a little rough around here. I'm sick again with what seems to be the gazillionth cold this fall/winter. So I can't breathe out of my nose and my ears are plugged and I'm exhausted. The day job is super busy and I'm up late each night sewing and all I can think is how I'm doing such a poor job enjoying the Christmas season.

but a few things are keeping me going:
- a bottle of red wine to be opened when I sew the final order
- spicy sriracha drizzled on everything.
- a gorgeous christmas tree in my living room
- a husband that cooks me dinner and doesn't mind when I slack from doing dishes
- a daily devotional that reminds me that it's never all about me

I also like to pretend that I'm napping on this bed... that helps too. :)


tell me about your week! 

xo, erika

the rules: share some of your favorite things from the web and real life with the weekly friday finds & favorites link-up hosted by Beth and me. Please link up just your blog post with your faves (not your entire blog) and link back to Beth or me somewhere on the blog. Please, also, make sure that your post is relevant (i.e. no giveaways or that sort of thing.) And, of course, be sure to go visit everyone else who links up! :)




5 comments

  1. hey, just found you through Tammy of Lemons, Avocados, and the Bay! love that nook - I saw it on ApartmentTherapy yesterday :) http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/create-lovely-little-nooks-for-reading-sleeping-181489

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, it's Friday!! Sorry you have another cold, it's just that time of year I think. All the students I work with are sick too.
    I love Meg's latest necklace too and can't wait to see how you style it :) and napping on that bed...oh I will dream about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that bed is gorgeous. those necklaces are soo pretty as well. Sorry you're under the weather, get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the book of awesome idea, I might try it.

    And I know how you feel about getting sick. I'm not getting full out sick but my head is always so stuffed up. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I had the motivation that you do to come home from work and sew late into the night! I'm so exhausted by the time I get home from work I don't want to do anything. So kudos to you for making your dreams reality! Hopefully I'll get there someday!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs