12/7/12

friday finds & favorites: gifts that give back

happy friday friends! As part of this weeks Friday Finds & Favorites, I'm sharing my last gift guide.

The last one is dedicated to shops tied with charity.



1. a perfect neutral palette from Radiant. A minimum of 20% of every purchase goes toward human trafficking victims and raising awareness. $34 Radiant

2. gorgeous items for your arm that directly support at-risk teens. $14 The Shine Project

3. a fun slouchy hat hand-knit by women in Uganda from Krochet Kids International. KKi meets people's needs through job provision, through mentorship, and education. $32.95 KKi

4. Give a chicken, a cow or a goat via Heifer.org or Oxfam International

Another option-- Shop at various stores (including Macys, Gap, and BestBuy) and earn dollars to donate to a number of charities. Social Vest

see the rest of my gift guides from this week: under $25 | diy | for mom | for guys


other things I've loved this week:

- incredible incredible story of the man who responds to suicide attempts on the Golden Gate Bridge.

-  our christmas tree. it smells fantastic. I think having one year round would be wonderful.

-  did you see my new blog & facebook design-- it's all tied to my new shop design on storenvy! Nicole from the style hatch did a FABULOUS job and I'm soo pleased. If you're looking for a storenvy designer, I can not recommend her enough!

also, no, I'm not leaving etsy-- Etsy is the primo spot for handmade customers but storenvy is super great for a professional, sole-shop look. So I'm kinda seeing both of them right now. (just don't tell the other.)

xo, erika

oh p.s. you should share your favorites from this week!
da rules: share some of your favorite things from the web and real life with the weekly friday finds & favorites link-up hosted by Beth and me. Please link up just your blog post with your faves (not your entire blog) and link back to Beth or me somewhere on the blog. Please, also, make sure that your post is relevant (i.e. no giveaways or that sort of thing.) And, of course, be sure to go visit everyone else who links up! :)





2 comments

  1. These are the best kinds of gift. Maybe I should tell Izzy I want those bracelets from The Shine Project ;-)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs