12/18/12

winter wear

 shirt: thrifted // vest c/o gigasavvy // jeans: urban outfitters // boots: star ling found on ebay

I am ready for snow.

I swear I could smell it thick and heavy in the air when I got off the bus on my way home from work the other day. It's definitely time for boots, gloves and wearing thick coats 24/7. (Or in this case, refusing to take off really warm vests from The North Face jackets. Side note: Do really puffy vests or coats make you want to hug people, too? I love the smoosh-ing sound the down layers make.) 

It usually only snows in Seattle once a year, and it's a magical event that shuts the entire city down. Some people complain, but I love that even as an adult, I have an excuse for a snow day-- shut in my house to drink hot cocoa, only venturing out to attempt sledding down one of our ridiculous hills.

Do you like snow? Hate snow? Indifferent? If you have some, do you mind sending me some? Preferably by tomorrow for an extended weekend... otherwise, perhaps a Monday a few weeks after Christmas would be nice. If you do, I'll give you a hug in my smooshy vest. :)

xo, erika







8 comments

  1. I love the first snowfall, after that I'm done with snow for the season. I live in Boston, and after the winter we had two years ago I think I got my fill of snow for years to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxiously awaiting some snow here! We usually have had a little bit by now, but a white Christmas just doesn't seem likely.
    and yes, I love wearing a puffy vest or coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really REALLY hoping we get some for Christmas, flurries were abundant in Mill Creek yesterday so there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cozy outfit!!
    I wish we got snow here but lately we've been getting a mighty cold wind + a few rain storms and I can live with that!! Some stormy weather is better than none at all, I suppose !:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I are going to Seattle and Leavenworth for the first time in three weeks, so I've decided that I'm just going to look through your recent blog posts before I pack. ;) Of course, I'll be bringing snow stuff for Leavenworth too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, love the smooshy vest!

    We got a little tiny bit of snow in Tacoma yesterday, but, sadly, not enough to shut anything down.

    I'm with you and love the grown-up snow day! But once a year is definitely fine with me. I'm not a huge fan of the cold and wet, but don't mind if I am trapped in my house for a day or two. Anymore than that and I go a little nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of snow, which is unfortunate for me since I live in Wisconsin. But I just don't like the mess it makes or the fact that it's dangerous to drive in. It stressed me out EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I hate it because I grew up with lake effect snow from Lake Michigan in Indiana. Also, I got pounded by snow my entire time in college since I went to Syracuse, snow capital of the country. However, I love snow now that I am a teacher because snow days mean days off which usually come right at the perfect moment in the school year! :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs