oh so antsy
So I've been accused of being a state snob.
And it's true. I really really like where I live.
There are some downsides-- it's grey a lot, think like London -- and it's not that hot until July, but I grew up here and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Which is why when Jessica of Oh So Antsy offered to send me a state necklace, I knew I had to proclaim my love for Washington. (With a little heart over my adopted city of Seattle. I grew up about 30 minutes north.)
And if you're looking to rep your state or country-- I highly recommend you check out her shop or swing by her blog.
But if you're also curious about why I love my state so much, here's a few reasons (I'll try to not to list all of them.)
a few reasons:- my family lives here and I love them to pieces
- it's so green and lush (at least over on my side of the state) and the air is clean
- the scenery is killer. I love that I can walk to beaches, see two mountain ranges and a skyline all in one area
- it's casual city-- read: I wear jeans and flip flops to work.
- even though it's a pretty big city (similar to Boston or Memphis), it doesn't feel big and despite the fact that I live in the city limits, I can see the stars at night from my little house.
- but if I want desert, I can drive three hours to Eastern Washington for farms, rolling hills, and wineries
there are a ton more reasons, but I figure you don't want to wade through 'em all. But if you ever want to come visit my state, email me and I'll tell you all the things you need to do. :)
do you love where you live?
and don't forget-- tomorrow is friday (not sure how anyone could forget that) and I'll be posting my friday finds + favorite linkup!
p.s. the husband just informed me that I'm actually a snob about some other things too-- (like homemade pie and how the dishwasher is loaded) -- apparently I know what I like and I'll tell you so. ;)