5/30/13

10,000 hours

 

Life takes time. Good things take time. Yet I feel like so many of us, including me, especially me, want things to be right, right at this moment. And I forget this key piece that things, good things, hard things, don't often just happen. 

Sure, there are models who are discovered in a mall, chefs whose first restaurant makes it big, a random invention that changes lives. But for most of us, life is more fits and starts, failures and small successes and long, grueling hours where we want to say forget it all. Just forget it. I will take the easier path. It is not worth it. 

I'm telling myself lately, and maybe I'm telling you, that it is worth it. Even if you're not on the cusp of some big idea, you have to put the hours in. Maybe it's just running a 5k, reconciling with someone, writing a novel, whatever it is, I don't know that it will be easy. 

But as Macklemore sings, "put those hours in and look at what you get...nothing that you can hold, but everything that it is."

some deep thoughts for a friday, right?  

how about some lighter notes:

- next week is the list link-up, where you can share the best of the previous month and the goals for the upcoming month. Rather than making New Years the only time to reflect, join Beth and I the first Friday and share your post. 

- also, if you're interesting in sponsoring, I have a July extra-large spot open and a few large spots open. If you have a small biz or an awesome blog, (which I'm sure you do,) I'd love to work with you to promote it.

happy weekend!

xo, erika

p.s. do you follow on rouge + whimsy on bloglovin' or feedly? Google reader, as you may know, is biting the dust, and I'd love to have you stick around. :)








2 comments

  1. Thanks for the encouragement... life does take time :) and I'm so thankful I don't have to do everything!

    Have a great weekend, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, so inspiring. Have a lovely weekend!

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs